Glendale Equestrian Club
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING IT. YOUR SIGNATURE INDICATES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF AND AGREEMENT TO ITS TERMS.
This is an agreement between the Undersigned (or minor in my charge) and Glendale Equestrian Club (GEC) (the Club).
I, (hereinafter the "Undersigned") on behalf of _____________________________________________ myself, my spouse, my personal representatives, my heirs, my next of kin and any assigns HEREBY:
1. Acknowledge that horseback riding is a dangerous activity and involves RISKS that may cause SERIOUS INJURY AND IN SOME CASES DEATH, because of the unpredictable nature and irrational behavior of horses, regardless of their training and past performance.
2. Knowing these facts and in consideration of your acceptance of this form, I voluntarily assume the risk and danger of injury or death inherent in horseback riding activities. I hereby RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the Club, doing business under its own name or any other name and/or any of its owners, officers, members employees, agents, sponsors and sanctioning organizations (hereinafter the "Releases"), for any loss, liability, damage, or cost whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury (including death) to my person or property.
3. Release the Releases from any claim that such Releases are or may be negligent in connection with my riding experience or ability including but not limited to training or selecting horses, maintenance, care, fit or adjustment of saddles or bridles, instruction on riding skills or supervising riding activities.
4. INDEMNIFY, AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Club and its owners, officers, members, employees, agents, sponsors and sanctioning organizations (the "Releases"), from and against any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur arising out of or in any way connected with any event, my use of a horse and any equipment or gear provided therewith or any acts or omissions of employees or agents.
5. Agree to abide by and follow any instructions given or rules established by the Club or any of its employees, agents or volunteers with regard to my participation in any event, use of a horse or any equipment or gear provided therewith.
6. The Undersigned expressly agrees that the foregoing release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement is governed by the State of Arizona and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Arizona law, and that in the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the balance of the Agreement shall not be affected or impaired in an way and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
7. Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against the Club or its owners, officers, members, employees, agents, sponsors and sanctioning organizations (the "Releases"), for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the Undersigned will pay all attorney's fees and costs incurred by the Club or its owners, officers, members, employees, agents, sponsors and sanctioning organizations (the "Releases"), in defending such an action.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND IT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE AND INDEMNITY FOR ALL CLAIMS.
Signature ________________________________________________________ Date ______________
PARENT / GUARDIAN WAIVER - FOR MINOR
If the person who is to enter into this agreement (referred to as the "Undersigned" above) is under eighteen (18) years of age, his/her parent or guardian must read and sign the following:
I,_______________________________________________________, acting as parent, natural guardian or legal guardian of (hereinafter "the "minor") hereby affirms that he/she had read the Agreement, understands the Agreement and understands that the Agreement is a release of all claims for injury, death and property damage, and understands and consents to the terms on behalf of him/herself and on behalf of the minor, and agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the Releases from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur because of any defect in or lack of capacity to act on behalf of minor in executing this Agreement.
Parent/Guardian Signature ____________________________________________ Date ____________Type your paragraph here.
Glendale Equestrian Club Trail Ride Rules
1. Each ride will have a designated Trail Boss and one or more drag riders. These persons are responsible for everyone's safety and enjoyment on the ride. Stay with the group, behind the leader, and in front of the drag rider(s). The Trail Boss must stop the ride if a rider needs to dismount and he WILL NOT restart the ride until all riders are remounted.
2. Proper equipment should be used on all trail rides for the safety of the horse and rider. Also on all rides that keep the club on the trail past 12:00 noon all riders should bring a trail lunch.
3. Stay on the trail. Do not cut corners. When the trail permits, side by side riding will provide an opportunity for conversation. Do not speed past or up behind another horse, and never pass in dangerous terrain. When necessary to pass the horse in front of you, call out your intentions.
4. Warn others of hazards on the trail. When stopping on the trail, stop clear of other horses and advise the trail boss and other riders why you need to stop. Do not stop on inclines or declines, or in thick cholla. The Trail Boss will stop the ride until all riders are remounted and ready to go.
5. ANY HORSE WILL KICK. A red ribbon tied to a horse's tail lets others know it is a known kicker. Maintain a safe distance between horses. Stay at least one horse length between your horse and the horse in front, 2 - 3 horse lengths on hills.
6. NO -- stallions will be allowed on any ride.
7. No -- Dogs on Trail Rides, All Dogs must be on a leash at all times, No Dogs at the lunches or dinner areas of the GEC campouts / rides.
8. NO -- animals are to be ponied on any ride, this includes but is not limited to horses, ponies, mules, donkeys or burros.
9. Excessive alcohol drinking is not allowed on the trail.
10. NO -- firearms are to be carried on the trail, except for law enforcement personnel authorized and those persons by the Trail Boss or Ride Master.
11. NO -- littering of any kind. When possible all riders should see that the trail is left cleaner than it was before the ride.
12. Forest Service Rules will apply on all rides concerning "SMOKING".
13. Due to the club's liability exposure, only GEC members in good standing are allowed on club rides. However, we welcome and encourage guests. A one day trial "club membership" is available for a nominal fee, currently five dollars ($5.00), to accommodate invited guests and prospective members. All riders MUST have a signed Glendale Equestrian Club Liability Form on file with the
Club Secretary or Ride Master. Each Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
14. Members in good standing (dues current) are the only ones that are allow to ride and/or eat for free.
15. Members that bring a guest on a ride are responsible for their $5.00 Ride Fee, $5.00 Meal Fee and the $5.00 Poker Fee. Fees are to be paid to the ride leader. A guest is anyone that does not pay dues.
16. Club guest, riders that are not sponsored by a member, that decide to ride with us after they have heard about us via; The Bridle and Bit articles, a website viewing, or a word of month referral, they too must be treated as a guest and the Ride Leader will be responsible for collecting the fees as described in paragraph #2.
17. Rides will be graded on a one to five basis to let the riders be prepared for safer trail riding and to determine if they or their horse is qualified. Each trail boss shall grade the ride and let the secretary know prior to sending out the newsletter.
18. GEC expressly reserves the right to review this application and determine whether to accept or deny admission to any applicant. Any application may be denied by a majority of the GEC's board of Directors in their sole discretion without redress or appeal by the applicant
The Glendale Equestrian Club, GEC Riders reserve the right change the "Glendale Equestrian Club Trail Ride Rules" at any time, in any way, without notice. Last revised and posted May 29, 2018 please check our web site, www.GECRiders.com, for the latest revisions.
Glendale Equestrain Club
Medical and Legal Release Form
This pertains to you. Ask if you have questions.
This is a legal document.
As I participate in a Glendale Equestrian Club Ride, I understand that my safety and the safety of the other riders are dependent upon my own ability and judgment. I understand that horseback riding involves riding on or near pavement, sometimes in traffic, being in the mountains, desert or uninhabited areas for long periods, out of communication, and possibly under adverse weather conditions. I further understand that professional medical or veterinary attention is not available on the trail, and that considerable delays are likely to be encountered in rescue and treatment of injured riders and their horses. I understand that horseback riding involves risk and I ride at my own risk. I agree to take full responsibility for my safety and well being and for my horse's safety and well-being. Furthermore, I agree not to hold the United States Forest Service, Arizona Bureau of land Management, State lands of Arizona, Glendale Equestrian Club, veterinarians, and volunteers of the ride, or private landowners whose property we may cross responsible for losses or injuries that I might suffer in, or in conjunction with, the ride.
I agree to obey the rules listed:
1. Keep at least a horse length from the horse in front.
2. If your horse kicks, please attach a red ribbon to the tail.
3. Ride safe and have a fun time.
I understand that by not abiding by the set forth rules I may be asked to leave and or be disqualified from the event either from my own acts or the acts of my horse. I further understand that NO DOGS are allowed on any rides.
I give consent for medical treatment for myself if I am unable to give informed consent. The consent I give includes any x-ray, examination, anesthetic, medical or surgical diagnosis or treatment deemed advisable by and rendered under the general supervision of a physician or surgeon, if I am unable to give informed consent. I agree that neither the physician,, surgeon nor any organization involved, assumes any financial responsibility for acting under this authority granted by me. This consent signed for below includes the entire medical treatment and release of financial responsibility outlined above.
I have read, understand, and agree with the conditions of this release.
Signature of Rider____________________________________________ Date ___________
Glendale Equestrian Club xxx
"GEC Riders" www.gecriders.com
City ________________________________________, AZ Zip _________________________________
Phone __________________________________ Cell _______________________________________
Do you own a horse/s ? _______________________________________________________________
What type of riding are you interested in? ________________________________________________
GEC expressly reserves the right to review this application and determine whether to accept or deny admission to any applicant. Any application may be denied by a majority of the GEC's board of Directors in their sole discretion without redress or appeal by the applicant.
Mail completed Membership Form and Liability Release with your membership due to:
Glendale Equestrian Club
19304 W. Catalina Dr,
Litchfield Park, Az 85340
Glendale Equestrian Club